Sunday, December 04, 2005

qRO having trouble.

I've been playing Ragnarok Online for the past one year and a few months and most of that on the private server qRO (short for Quality/Quebec Ragnarok Online). It all started with some changes to the server, followed by char db corruption, followed by a DDoS attack, followed by some more corruption, followed by even more char db corruption, and then came the big hit, one of the best admins was fired for "trying to take over the server. "

I'd like to see the server live and pass through this phase easy but... it seems unlikely and in any case, I lost most of my items in a bit of corruption or loss of security my id.

What this means to me is that I now have a free 3-4 hours a day to do stuff which I used to spend on RO. I am still working on map development for RO, and some mods. I'd like to see which server would like this and go to one which has an atmosphere which is conducive to development.

What is really sad is to see the big change in the people who play this server over the months. People who seemed to be nice and friendly in the beginning seem almost removed from the community and many of them have actually exacerbated this problem.
Even if qRO recovers it would seem that the heart has been torn out of it, with some of the nicest members of the community leaving (for other servers, or just leaving the game itself).

1 Comments:

Blogger Marc said...

You still playing Ragnarok? Sad!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home